Featuring a golden dome decorated with laurel leaves, this Art Nouveau exhibition building was constructed in 1897/98 by Joseph Maria Olbriach, a student of Otto Wagner, and is one of the most famous structures in Vienna. The Beethoven Frieze created by Gustav Klimt in 1902 is on permanent display on the lower level. Changing exhibitions featuring contemporary art are held on the entrance level.
- Address: Friedrichstraße 12, District 1, Vienna
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +43 1 587 53 07
- Opening House: Tue–Sun 10am–6pm
- Opening House: Guided tours: Saturdays at 11am in English and at 3pm in German
- Address: Underground: U1, U2, U4 (Karlsplatz)
- More Info: www.facebook.com/SecessionWien
Do & See
Vienna has over 100 museums and countless examples of great architecture seamlessly combining old and new designs. When you've got enough sightseeing for the day, rest in one of the 280 parks and gardens scattered around the city.